Barack Obama was a fine young man like any other before settling the White House as the President of the United States. Here are ten little-knows things about Obama!
1. There is a beer named after Barack Obama in Kenya
In Obama’s home country, the locals love to drink a “presidential” beer, both because of Obama’s popularity and because the drink named after him is affordable. Also, there was information according to which Obama has started to produce his own beer on the White House property. It contains honey from hives owned by the president’s wife, Michelle.
2. Obama had a monkey named “Dad” when he lived in Indonesia
The U.S president lived in Indonesia from the age of 6 until he was 10, and in that time he had a monkey as a pet, he was friends with the hedgehogs in the area and used the pseudonym Barry Soetoro (his stepfather’s name).
3. Obama has on his desk a wooden sculpture representing a hand holding an egg.
Obama’s favorite ornament is a Kenyan symbol, which represents the fragility of life – an elegant and poetic image with which Obama impressed the Americans.
4. He likes to cook with chili.
When he was a teenager, Obama used to cook all kinds of specialties with chili. One of his recipes was unveiled in the show “Good Morning America”, so those who want to prepare food suitable for cold weather that will soon be installed, could try the president’s recipe. He also likes the shrimps, maize porridge and hates British food.
5. His favorite book is “Moby Dick”.
6. He told his wife that he will quit smoking at the start of the presidential campaign
…but he didn’t give up smoking. Probably the stress of being a president is so big that Obama found a way to relax. The good news is that in 2010 Obama temporarily quit smoking, thing confirmed by his wife, Michelle.
7. His favorite movies are “Casablanca” and “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest”.
8. He applied for inclusion in a “pin up” calendar as a student at Harvard.
If you’re thinking that Obama posed in indecent poses, you will find no evidence in this way because he wasn’t accepted into the college calendar, which was addressed to women.
9. As a teenager he worked for Baskin-Robbins and now hates ice cream.
Obama was hired in adolescence by the ice cream manufacturer Baskin-Robbins and his first kiss with Michelle took place in front of a store of this company. However, that happened 12 years after he quit that job, in Hyde Park in Chicago, and not near the ice cream boutique in Honolulu, where he worked.
10. The president collects comics with “Spider-Man” and “Conan the Barbarian”
In November 2008, the world found out that Obama is fond of comics. When managers from Marvel found about his passion, they decided to put the image of the president on the cover of the magazine with the number 583 “The Amazing Spider Man”. In fact, starting with 2007, Obama appeared in 22 editions.