Even though many people have smartphones, few of them use them to maximum capacity or know tricks that ease the use. Here’s a list of 11 tricks for the iPhone and iPhad users, which you will hopefully implement in your use, in the case you didn’t know them by now.
1. Type the keyboard of your iPad more comfortable by changing the display mode. All you have to do is to slide with two fingers on the keyboard. This will change the display mode, which will permit you to type just like on the iPhone. You cal “pull” the keyboard up and down, in the optimum position. “Dividing” the keyboard or returning to the original shape can be also made from the “dock and merge” button located at the bottom right of the keyboard.
2. If you want your iPhone to load faster, you must enter the “airplane mode” and the charge will be twice as fast.
3. In the application “Calculator” you can get rid of the unnecessary zeros at the end of the number sliding with your finger to the right.
4. Use Guided Access when you give your kid the iPhone or the iPad to play. Guided Access limits the access to just one application. If you secure this mode with a password, you can be sure that whoever you give the phone will be having access only to that application. Guided Access can be activated from Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. The entry to this mode (after being activated) is simple: you must start the desired application and press three times the Home button. To exit this mode, you must press three times the Home button and introduce the password.
5. Want to make a quick photo? Nothing easier: press the Volume+ button of the headset (original or compatible Apple) while the phone is in camera mode. In video mode, the headset middle button starts/ stops recording.
6. If you have installed the Camera application, you can quickly start it without unlocking the iPhone. For that, slide down the button of the application from the start screen. This is very convenient if you want to immortalize an event that occurs rapidly or when you ask someone to take your picture (you will not have to unlock the phone).
7. The new Compass application has a compass recalibration included. Open the application and slide the screen to the left, to enter the recalibration mode. This will be helpful, for instance, when you want to fix a picture on the wall.
8. Invert the colors of the display during the night. If you use your smartphone during the night, try to invert the colors so your eyes can be protected. This can be done from Settings > General > Accessibility > Invert Colors.
9. When you want to finish a sentence, you have an alternative: instead of pressing . (dot) and (space), you can earn time by pressing two times (space).
10. Use the remote of the headset to navigate through songs when you’re listening to music. This trick works with any kind of headsets Apple, even with those that don’t have a remote. For pause/play, press once the central button. To jump to the next track, press two times, or to return to the previous track press three times.
11. Want to take a nap but you’re too lazy to program the alarm? Siri gets you rid of the additional maneuvers! All you have to do is to tell it what time you want to wake up.